Burundi Kayanza 5 lb
Guarantee: Will Not Expire Within 6 Months offer details
Guarantee: Lowest Price in Canada offer details
Shipping Cost: FREE SHIPPING* offer details
Shipping Time: Receive by Monday December 17th
Currency: Canadian Dollar
Burundi Kayanza Coffee Beans. These beans are sourced from the International Women's Coffee Alliance (IWCA) - a social organization focused on empowering women and producing better quality coffees in the participating regions. The Kayanza chapter consists of 127 members - 66 women and 61 men. Members are paid local market rate during the harvest season and receive another payment after the second harvest, helping to smooth out their income. If the coffees are sold at a premium by the IWCA, the members receive another disbursement based on the premium, providing an incentive for all members to produce the highest possible quality crop.
Price is per 16 oz (1 pound) (454 grams) of Burundi Kayanza Coffee.
- Varietal: Primarily Bourbon
- Grade: FW 15+ (60% > 16 screen)
- Precipitation: 1800 - 1900 mm/year
- Temperature: 24 degrees celcius (average)
- Soil: Sedimentary, Granitic, Quartzite, Schist
- Altitude: 1750 - 1780 meters above sea level
- Harvest: April - August
- Processing: Washed, Dried on Beds
- Aroma: Citric (lemon), Malt
- Flavour: Blackstrap Molasses, Chocolate (sweet), Lime Zest
- Body: Medium - Rich, Creamy
- Acidity: Bright
Reviews For Burundi Kayanza 5 lb
Questions and Answers
Ask a question anonymously!
Remember to keep the questions related to the product - for general Q&A, visit the FAQ.