Liquids such as syrups, chais and dairy alternatives are susceptible to freezing in sub-zero weather.
By ordering liquid products, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- Products are shipping solely at the purchasers request
- The purchaser accepts all liability and responsibility for loss and damage
- We do not offer refunds for products damaged due to freezing
You can reduce the odds of freezing by purchasing 96 hour shipping warmers to be included with your shipment.
The full shipping policy applies.
We check the weather at the shipping location prior to shipping the order to estimate the odds of freezing occurring.
We also check the weather along the shipping route to try to avoid extreme weather on route (eg. cold snaps in Winnipeg, if shipping to Vancouver).
If we see that there is a particularly cold period, or are concerned that shipments would be delayed when shipping just before the weekend, we'll delay the shipment to help avoid damage.
This can cause delays of a couple days, and even up to a week or more.
We recommend you allow for 1-2 weeks of leeway by ordering far ahead of time.
Odds of damage
This varies by location and is unpredictable ahead of time, as even weather forecasts change.
Things that affect the chances of freezing include:
- lower temperatures (more extreme weather)
- product line (sugar free is more susceptible)
- shipping time (the west coast and remote locations take longer)
- delays in shipping from the courier (due to courier congestion)
You may request a quote for expedited shipping of your package to ensure it arrives in less than 96 hours. This can get very expensive for Canada, and is completely outside of our control.